Pages

Friday 6 February 2015

Thai Green Curry - New Tester!

My first non-student tester had a go at one of my recipes this week - why don't you have a go? It really is delicious and a lovely easy recipe to do. And extremely versatile... as you will see.








S: After the longest spell without cooking I wanted to give your Thai green curry recipe a go. I have veggies and most ingredients... Bar the essential Thai spice mix. Obviously at this stage I'm going to make it with whatever I have at home. What could I use instead? I have curry powder and some other stuff. Obviously I know that at this stage it stops being a Thai green curry, but hey, it'll be whatever it will be.



The spice mix was used as a shortcut for a poor student so it isn't essential, you can easily replace it. My usual spice paste has cumin in it and curry powder is often mostly cumin so I would use that instead. If you can I'd add a fresh chilli or two and lots of lime zest and juice. Other things to add if you have them or can find them - fish sauce (1tsp), Thai basil, a few black peppercorns, a bashed lemon grass stalk. If you have a blender I'd use that to make the paste because it's just easier Once the sauce has cooked for a few minutes give it a taste and add more of anything you think it needs. Don't stress about it too much, my green curry is different every time I make it!


S: Here are some pictures...







S: It was fantastic! Really, really enjoyed it.


I only had chicken because I am a fussy eater and don't like veggies, and no rice as I am low carbing again. My brother had veggies, chicken and rice. Husband has plenty of leftovers so that's good.


I used chilli powder, curry powder, cumin powder, peri peri spice mix and some lemon pepper spice mix. In addition to that I used some random powdered coconut (bought in Sri Lanka in our honeymoon) in addition to one can of coconut milk as it is what I had at home and wanted to make a big batch. For veggies I used courgette, aubergine, green beans and red pepper.

Delicious, thank you so much for inspiring me!




What a fantastic result. I am delighted it worked so well for you. (please note I didn't mention the muesli... :D xx)



2 comments:

  1. What?! Apparently the muesli was the best bit! ;-)
    And I am a student again, sort of. But I guess that I am not your usual beans on toast student.

    ReplyDelete